Vietnam Airlines Review: Business lounge, Ho Chi Minh City International Airport

Having left chilly wintery US and the air-conditioned plane, the humidity hits us as soon as we step out and walk into Ho Chi Minh City International Airport, where our group meets with the last member of our party. Now that we're all together, we head for the air-conditioned comfort of the Vietnam Airlines business lounge where we'll hang out until our next flight (approximately 1 hour) with Cambodia Angkor Air to Siem Reap, Cambodia. There's wi-fi available in the lounge, so I spend a few minutes emailing Jac to tell her I've arrived safely in Vietnam. I also can't resist sending her photos of my business class meal & my Vietnam Airlines review. She replies: "So jealous!"

Our group are still getting to know one another, so it's nice to sit, relax and chat. We'll be together for the next 10 days.

Lots of seating available in the lounge

There are power points between these seats so you can charge up phone/laptop/tablet

Massage chairs in the corner

Inexplicably, despite feeling like we've done nothing but eat, we're ready to eat again. Just a light meal, of course. My eyes light up when I see the plate of bananas among the other tropical fruits. There's nothing like the sweet, stumpy plump bananas of South East Asia. As stated in my other Vietnam Airlines Review, I ate more bananas than any other food item while in Cambodia and Vietnam.

Fresh fruit

Snacks

Coffee and tea

Alcohol station - there is also a drinks fridge with soft drinks, juice and bottled water

MYO noodle soup station

Noodle selection

I'm most interested in the hot dish selection and don't hesitate to lift lids to check out what's inside. The braised pork with quail eggs looks interesting, as do the fried pork noodles.

Pork with quail eggs

Fried pork noodle

But my choice is pork mince porridge, which turns out to be gloriously good. I spoon over some of the braised chicken and ginger with plenty of gingery sauce. I could easily eat multiple bowls of this but seeing as we're about to get on another smaller plane, it's probably not a good idea.


Pork mince porridge with ginger chicken

When I was younger, I never had the slightest desire to travel. Just wasn't interested. I think the opportunities my blog has given me to visit new places has awakened the latent traveller in me. I love it! Whether travelling with alone, with Jac or with a group of friendly strangers, I'm always excited about the photographic and culinary opportunities that await, and the chance to experience something new. Taking photos of my food & wirte Vietnam Airlines review on the plane and in the business lounge was fun, but there was so much more to come as the adventure unfolded...

If you enjoy my Vietnam Airlines Review, please continue show your supports! 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét